I promptly asked for another room, but was told they had no accessible room left. A few days ago I went to see the room of our "summer school director" - a nice room, with a small bathroom, but just wide enough for me to maneuver. As the new VP of Senior Summer School, Ron, left the Stratum yesterday I happily could move to his room. Not that I'm particularly fond of packing suitcases and moving around, but it was worthwhile: now I've a large room on the 7th floor with a view to the Philadelphia skyline. I've to do some gymnastics to go inside the tub, but I can manage. This morning I had the pleasure to see the sun rising over the skyline - that was really great!
As always the meaning of "wheelchair accessible" can vary a lot, even here in the States. There is also another little problem: the wheelchair elevator (a stair elevator) works, but not always well. When I try to get on it with the Swisstrac, more often than not it will not work, so I've to call someone to help me. Now I'm leaving the Swisstrac at the main entrance, wheel around to the other entrance, use the wheelchair elevator to go to the cafeteria, from where I can take the main elevator to my room. As far as I am on holidays now, it's not too big a problem, but I hope things will work more easily in Boston.
3 comments:
Oh!Denyse,
tu en as des difficultés! Remarque il fallait s'y attendre, avec tous les engins dont tu es obligée de t'entourer. Mais tu sais t'en tirer au mieux. Je suiis bien contente qque tu n'ais plus le bruit de "l'air condition.
Tes blogs sont bien interressants, je suis "scotchée" dessus.
Je pense à toi, et je prie le ciel pour que tu ais le moins d'ennuis pour le reste de ton séjour.
Sylviane est repartie hier à la mi-journée. Odette
Dear Denyse
I try once again to reach you in this medium. I wrote a few days ago, that the Peadbody Essex Museum (what a name!)looks like a building of Mario Botta - we have similar buildings in Lugano (the UBS?)
Have a good trip to NY. With kind regards
Brigitte
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment