Wednesday, July 16

My first dollars

Went to the bank today - first time I've got dollars in my wallet. Funny: all of them the same size! Lincoln and Washington were easy to recognize, but who are the others: Hamilton, Jackson, Grant ...? I'll have a look at Wikipedia ;-)

6 comments:

Diana said...

While the wallet size is not a problem, beware of the zeros. Juerg was very relieved, when he realized he had not given as a tip his 100 dollarnote but the 1 Dollar one.
Have a fun trip with lots of laughter and good encounters! Diana, Fiona and Juerg

Anonymous said...

Salut Denyse,

J'ai vu ton blog. C'est une cool idée.

J'espère que tu pourras régler les tracasseries dont tu parles avant ton départ.
Tout devrait bien se passer...

Let see if I can stay in the tune aswell and take advantage of little practicing my english with you.

Well, since we talked, you must be on the edge now, almost on departure.

Enjoy your trip and have fun !

Hélène

Anonymous said...

chere Denyse,
encore une fois tous mes voeux pour un voyage "merveilleux...
ta mère

laurent said...

Salut chère cousine,
I didn't know you plan to make such a trip. It is of course a wonderful one. Will you meet people you know over there, or will it be a full adventure?
Affectueusement
laurent

gun@KME said...

@Laurent: Yes,"full adventure" during 5 weeks, but after hours and weeks of researches! I'll participate to a "summer school" in Philadelphia, travel by train from city to city on the Eastcoast ...

laurent said...

a summer school in Philadelphia, that's exactly what I did ... some years ago. It was a nice time. I had civilisation and english classes at Pen University for two or three weeks. Not enough to improve significantly my practice. Unfortunatly. But I had a brief feeling of what could be a student's life in the States.
See u
laurent