Friday, July 11

Getting ready

Since February I've been preparing my trip to the East Coast (part of a 10-weeks sabbatical). Travelling alone, by wheelchair, involves an awful lot of research to do concerning accommodations, transfers and other related questions. In the course of my researches I had however some really nice mail exchanges, but needless to say there have also been some throwbacks. The most important things (Intercontinental flights, accommodations) were more or less settled by April, the accommodation question thanks to the help of Mary. Now there are only two more weeks left till the take-off from Zuerich by plane for the first stage, at Philadelphia; unfortunately prior to the departure I've some bigger issues (work, home etc.) to solve which were not scheduled. So unfortunately I'll not have much free time before I leave Zuerich. But for all that I'm looking forward to August and to all the experiences this month in America will bring about.

No comments: